Re: [AMBER-Developers] Second request for cover art

From: Ken Merz <merz.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 14:01:35 -0500

Hi,

 Here are a couple images we did for a JACS cover (these were not accepted). These represent AMBER simulations we did on ion capture (Zn) by CzrA, which resulted in a conformational change and the protein being released from DNA.

Take care,
Kennie

On Feb 17, 2012, at 1:16 PM, David A Case wrote:

> Hi everyone:
>
> Here's what I posted on Jan 16:
>
> Cover illustrations: I hereby solicit suggestions for the cover art;
> white backgrounds are strongly preferred. You can submit a draft if
> you like, but you must be willing to make a good quality image if your
> suggestion is chosen. Preference is given to images that reflect
> published work using the Amber programs. Email your suggestions to me,
> including a suggested caption for the title page.
>
> I haven't gotten any replies. Surely someone has a picture that is worth
> promoting. Since most people are clearly not much interested in this,
> you chances of "winning" are probably greater than you think.
>
> ...thanks!...dac

Professor Kenneth M. Merz, Jr.
University of Florida Research Foundation Professor
Edmund H. Prominski Professor of Chemistry
Department of Chemistry
Quantum Theory Project
2328 New Physics Building
PO Box 118435
University of Florida
Gainesville, Florida 32611-8435

e-mail: merz.qtp.ufl.edu
http://www.qtp.ufl.edu/~merz

Phone: 352-392-6973
FAX: 352-392-8722
Cell: 814-360-0376

"The fundamental laws necessary for the mathematical treatment of a large part of physics and the whole of chemistry are thus completely known, and the difficulty lies only in the fact that application of these laws leads to equations that are too complex to be solved."

PAM Dirac, 1929