[AMBER-Developers] help with installation instructions

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 10:47:05 -0500

I've been trying to update section 1.2 of the AmberTools12.lyx file, and I'd
like your help. We should try to have specific instructions about how to
get the required libraries, and should really double-check the installation
instructions themselves.

The web site only has specific information about Ubuntu; if anyone knows
the correct package manager commands for other distros (esp. RedHat, SuSe,
Fedora....), please add them (ideally to both AmberTools12.lyx and to the web
site.)

Mengjueih's Mac blog is helpful, but assumes that the user already is familiar
with Macports. Plus it will be out of date for the new release. If some
mac user can flesh out the "port" commands that are needed, that would be
great.

The MS Windows instructions are so complex that we will probably continue
to point to people to the web site for details. But this means that we need
to also update http://ambermd.org/mswindows.html. Also, is anyone testing
Amber12 on cygwin?

Please look at the complete installation instructions in Section 1.2, and make
improvements as needed. Note that there are no installation instructions in
the Amber12.lyx file: to avoid duplication and confusion, we point users to
the unified instructions that are in the AmberTools12 manual.

...thanks!...dac