Re: [AMBER-Developers] more on patch_amber.py

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 18:52:58 -0500

Yea, I sent you an email about this privately. Patch_amber.py handles lack of Internet just fine. What it doesn't handle is the website being down, since it isn't being connected even though it has Internet access. I'll look into the API some to see if I can trigger some type of timeout behavior.

The reason it's registering an unapplied patch is because it uses the return code to determine the number of unapplied patches available. The ctrl-c killed the script with an error code of 1, which is why you got that result.

I'll put something in to catch a sigint so this doesn't happen.

All the best,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate