Re: [AMBER-Developers] Cruise Control System

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 17:22:26 -0500

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Robin Betz <rbetz.ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There is now a dedicated machine for the Cruise Control automated build
> system that has been updated to reflect the new Amber 12 build process. The
> dashboard is now located at cc.ambermd.org/dashboard, so please update
> your
> bookmarks accordingly.
>
> Build logs and the config.h file for each project are available under the
> Logs and Artifacts tabs, and the errors and warnings are nicely formatted
> as well. Test cases will be implemented very soon and will have their logs
> available for download. Formatting them so that they appear under the Test
> Cases tab may take quite a bit longer.
>
> A build is triggered every time the tree is updated, and currently
> everything is working fine except for the CUDA parallel builds, which fail
> with:
>
> *** No rule to make target `libFpbsa.cuda_parallel', needed by
> `libFpbsa.a'. Stop.

This doesn't happen for me. For some reason, it's trying to build sander
with the parallel_cuda rule. How is the automated build system working?
(i.e. what is the workflow for installing Amber).

It should be this:

cd $AMBERHOME
./configure [options] compiler
make install

That should be all you need (for any set of [options], like -mpi, -cuda, or
-cuda -mpi), and this error should not arise (although I think it would be
helpful to determine what causes this problem so we can head it off).

All the best,
Jason

> I'm not sure if this is a problem with the machine configuration or
> the dependencies in the Makefile.
>

> Robin Betz

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida