Re: [AMBER-Developers] ntb vs ifbox?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 17:17:18 -0500

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Yong Duan <duan.ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> Shall we force NTB>0 when IFBOX>0? There might be value of having two PBC
> controls for the developers. But for regular users and the community at
> large, this probably causes a lot more problems than creating convenience.

I don't think we should, since there may be instances in which people don't
want to run a periodic simulation. Also, how do we know what value of ntb
to set? (constant pressure? constant volume?)

I could imagine printing out a warning in the output file or something, but
I don't think we should change that behavior.

All the best,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate