Re: [AMBER-Developers] AT Manual feedback request

From: Yong Duan <duan.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 23:57:43 -0800

Agree with both. Extension is a much better approach than changing. So,
let "impose" do whatever it has been doing. We just add a couple of other
more intuitive commands, with more specific masks, etc. As for mask, the
leap mask would work, so long as it allows the users to explicitly choose
the atoms they want to manipulate. Adding ptraj/cpptraj masks would be
great, though :).

What I meant by "improper" was that the order of the atoms can imply an
improper torsion. I think (.N:3-.C:3-.CA:3-.CB:3) is actually an improper
torsion (CA connects to all three other atoms). But, I think Dave meant
.N:4-.C:3-.CA:3-.CB:3 instead, which is a proper torsion, is actually the
PSI' torsion. The difference is just .N:4 vs .N:3.

Speaking of extension, I am thinking perhaps sometime down the road we may
want to consider extending the commands to "cmd target option" syntax. For
example save{pdb, amber, off, parm, pol} etc., would be grouped together.
This is not an important issue, just a bit convenience (but I guess that's
user interface made for :) ).

--
Yong Duan, Ph.D, Professor
UC Davis Genome Center and