Re: [AMBER-Developers] significant recent tleap changes

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 15:49:27 -0800

Yes we should go back to the original approach that I put implemented when I
added it to Sander and PMEMD and had Wei put into Sleap. Why was this
changed??? Where was the rational and the discussion for changing it on the
AMBER dev mailing list?

There was a VERY good reason for setting the 1-4 scale factors for
additional dihedrals and impropers to zero. It is a safety check in the code
and people should not be messing with this!

Where are all the test cases guys? - Come on! Messing with leap is probably
the easiest place to hang us all so whoever updates it needs to be EXTREMELY
CAREFUL and test it extensively. A mistake here could end up wrecking
research for thousands of people and destroying ALL our reputations so I
urge you all to be extremely cautious and careful!

I do not want to discourage people, I am just trying to make you all
consider the consequences if you mess up.

All the best
Ross