Re: [AMBER-Developers] Ground rules for discussion of Amber12

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 02:04:22 -0400

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 11:28 PM, case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> I'm happy to see so much interest and passion about how to make Amber
> better,
> but we need some ground rules, before productive discussions become
> flame wars:
>
> 1. Please don't post things that can be construed as attacks of other
> developers. Go out of your way to be polite, and edit your posts (before
> hitting "send") with this in mind.

Wise advice. I didn't come off the way I was aiming for in my
overly-redundant posts (I hope to become as accomplished as Tom at avoiding
flame wars someday :).

> 2. Keep your posts short and on-topic.

I'll list this as one of my strengths on my CV

> It helps to see the gist of
> ideas for making things better, but at this stage the details of the
> implementation can be a distraction. If you really need a lot of space,
> use an attachment to hold the details.

Which I'll include as an attachment.

All the best (I really need to find a different sign-off),

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate