Re: [AMBER-Developers] Experiences with sleap

From: Yong Duan <duan.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 12:43:32 -0700

With regard to sleap, I personally have not used it. If it works and
produces correct topolgy file, etc., efforts should be made to document it
and at least one version of the documentation should target the general
users, I.e., those like me. If it does not produce correct topology file,
it should be removed from the distribution until it is fixed and can
produce correct topology file.

As for a new GUI for leap, I like the idea. However, GUI itself may not be
that crucial or even attractive because VMD can read in AMBER topology and
produce beautiful graphics. But editing function could be valuable.

yong