Re: [AMBER-Developers] Automated Build System

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:53:27 -0400

Are you building from the git checkout? I'm assuming yes. I haven't tried
a full build in a week probably, but I had no problems then. Maybe try with
a git clean -f -x -d (to purge every untracked file from your tree -- but
make sure you're tracking all new source code files or it'll wipe those
too!).

All the best,
Jason

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 10:41 PM, <dcerutti.rci.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Well, I would be off to a flying start on that prize--I pushed up some
> mdgx commits and they're NOT AT ALL compatible with the serial build. Mea
> cupla. Once you get to a parallel build, mdgx is almost compatible--there
> was a change to PtrajMask.h (formerly ptrajmask.h) but that'll get fixed
> in my next commit. Serial compilation has been a mess because I have a
> lot of stuff that should be roped off with #ifdef MPI statements but am
> just now finding out about (obviously haven't tried a serial build in
> awhile).
>
> All that said, I'm having lots of trouble compiling anything in AMBER, and
> it's not that it gets stuck on mdgx. From what I can tell, all sorts of
> undefined references pop up with the gnu compiler on things like _amopen.f
> and ambpdb utilities, probably other stuff but I'm only looking at the
> last 250 lines of error output.
>
> Dave
>
> > On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I should add that Mark Williamson did a great job of setting this up. My
> >> hope is to be able to automate things further over the coming months to
> >> have
> >> it run the test cases and produce a log as well as some benchmarks.
> >>
> >> For now though it is good to see when someone breaks something. For now
> >> this
> >> is using gcc 4.4.
> >>

> > What's the reward for being the committer who breaks it the most?
> >
> > --
> > Jason M. Swails
> > Quantum Theory Project,
> > University of Florida