Re: [AMBER-Developers] Anyone use restricted pointers in C?

From: <dcerutti.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 16:21:47 -0400 (EDT)

Well, for the record, I have now tried numerous instances of restricted
pointers and the speedups have been positively zero. I did at least
identify a couple of places where the code was spending more time than I
thought, and I made a ~5% improvement to the performance, but it still
eludes me how the PMEMD Fortran code can be so much faster than my C
implementation if the often-discussed pointer restriction problem doesn't
account for any significant difference. I will be removing all pointer
restrictions; the risk is too great for a statistically insignificant
benefit.

Dave