Re: [AMBER-Developers] Anyone use restricted pointers in C?

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 13:29:15 -0400

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011, dcerutti.rci.rutgers.edu wrote:

> The emacs editor recognizes restrict as a reserved keyword in C,

OMG (as the young-uns say). In addition to storing your to-do list and
handling mail, emacs is now supposed to be the authority on C syntax....

My recommendation is to (a) stick to vi; (b) consult Harbison &
Steele, "C: A Reference Manual" (5th edition). It's a bit out of date, but
very readable. Buy a copy from Amazon (or whereever), and I'll reimburse you.

As others have pointed out, restrict is a C99 construct. Also note that
"restrict" can be dangerous: if you call something restricted, but it's not,
you get undefined behavior. In other words, calling something "restricted"
doesn't make it so; rather, it allows the compiler to assume that it *is* so.

....dac