[AMBER-Developers] Anyone use restricted pointers in C?

From: <dcerutti.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:42:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I was poking around this morning trying to make some of the mdgx routines
go faster, but my compilers are complaining if I use something like

int IsCentralAtom(double *restrict corig, double *restrict ccen,
                  double *restrict atmloc, dmat U, int *restrict ng)
{
  <function statements>
}

The emacs editor recognizes restrict as a reserved keyword in C, but both
gcc and icc compilers tell me that they expect a ")" after "restrict" and
treat it like the name of an argument. Any help appreciated!

Dave