Re: [AMBER-Developers] tleap 1-4 scaling concern

From: <dcerutti.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:53:02 -0400 (EDT)

I dealt with this problem a couple of days ago in mdgx and had to fix the
zeros by intercepting them as I populated the list of the scaling factors
actually implemented in the calculation. I make a list of "adjustment"
factors for 1-4 scaling terms, which are basically 1 - 1.0/T where T is
the 1-4 term read in from the topology. When T is zero I make T=1.0, so
that the adjustment term comes out to be zero and the overall effect is
that the 1-4 interaction is unchanged. So, as far as I'm concerned I have
dealt with this issue. But, it would seem simpler to designate "1.0" in
the topology where a 1-4 bonded term is not meant to be scaled.

Dave