[AMBER-Developers] bison, yacc, ubuntu and amber

From: B. Lachele Foley <lfoley.uga.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 21:58:45 +0000

I am working on adding to this page: http://ambermd.org/ubuntu.html

The page says that earlier versions of amber needed bison or byacc. I got an install to go pretty well without any such (Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS -- Lucid Lynx outfitted to be an LTSP server).

Does that give anyone reason for concern? The test results are below. Details upon request.

AT1.5: (fails all mmpbsa)
405 file comparisons passed
3 file comparisons failed
0 tests experienced errors

serial: (fails all related to pbsa/mmpbsa)
365 file comparisons passed
15 file comparisons failed
0 tests experienced errors

2 procs: (fails les and evb, small diffs)
367 file comparisons passed
3 file comparisons failed
0 tests experienced errors

4 procs:
298 file comparisons passed
0 file comparisons failed
0 tests experienced errors

8 procs:
267 file comparisons passed
0 file comparisons failed
6 tests experienced errors
(details of errors on request; qmmm and wrong #procs, I think)

16 procs: (failures listed below)
229 file comparisons passed
15 file comparisons failed
10 tests experienced errors
$ grep FAILURE logs/test_amber_parallel/2011-06-27_17-46-22.diff
possible FAILURE: check rem.log.dif
possible FAILURE: check rem.out.000.dif
possible FAILURE: check mdout.alp.dif
possible FAILURE: check cytosine.out.dif
possible FAILURE: check variable_14_ntb1.mdout.dif
possible FAILURE: check mdout.trxox.nogbsa.dif
possible FAILURE: check mdout.trxox.nogbsa.dif
possible FAILURE: check cox2.out.dif
possible FAILURE: check mdout.tip4p.dif
possible FAILURE: check mdout.tip4p_nve.dif
possible FAILURE: check mdout.tip5p.dif
possible FAILURE: check mdout.tip5p_nve.dif
possible FAILURE: check mdout.dhfr_charmm.min.dif
possible FAILURE: check mdout.dhfr_charmm_noshake.min.dif
possible FAILURE: check mdout.dhfr_charmm.min.dif

:-) Lachele

Dr. B. Lachele Foley
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center
The University of Georgia