Re: [AMBER-Developers] AMBER 11 bugfixes?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 08:50:54 -0700

Ok. I figured out what the problem is and how to fix it but I cannot
understand why.

Our dns record for ambermd.org had the following:

www.ambermd.org = 128.6.69.24
ambermd.org => www.ambermd.org
*.ambermd.org = 192.31.21.165

However for some reason the DNS record dropped the alias for ambermd.org
pointing to www.ambermd.org which meant http://ambermd.org/ will translate
to *.ambermd.org which points at the machine running the git server, mailing
list server etc. This then serves up the ancient backup of the site from
when the Rutgers machine was having hardware issues.

I have no idea how the DNS record lost the alias though. I have restored it
and so things should work again although it will take up to 24 hours for
everyone's DNS cache to flush.

Ugh...

All the best
Ross