Re: [AMBER-Developers] Intel AT/Automake issue

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 12:40:05 -0400

On Tue, May 31, 2011, B. Lachele Foley wrote:
> Trying to install using Intel on a rhel 4u5 machine. The problem is:
>
> /bin/sh /programs/amber.git/AmberTools/src/fftw-2.1.5/missing --run automake-1.7 --gnu threads/Makefile

I really hate autotools....that said, users should never be running automake
in the first place. The 973fc890bdc75 commit to Makefile.in was supposed to
prevent errors like the above from happening, but clearly something is not
working the way it should.

Can we instatiate the actual Makefiles (not just Makefile.in), and maybe even
avoid configure altogether? Is it possible to figure out what is
present/missing on Lachele's machine? (What is "rhel 4u5"?)

Lachele: can you post the *entire* log file involving fftw-2.1.5, i.e. not
just the immediate context?

I'm really clueless here, just venting my annoyance. The workaround is
probably to upgrade automake (my machine has versions 1.11), but comments in
various files indicate that 1.7 should work.

....dac