Re: [AMBER-Developers] Gfortran 4.1 with master branch

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 19:21:28 -0400

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011, MengJuei Hsieh wrote:

> We can always use ifort, it's not a big deal locally. We all know that gcc
> 4.1 is not ideal and buggy, but it used to work.

My recollection is that 4.1.2 would compile without crashing, but that the
NCSU part of sander never worked. (That is, of course, not part of Amber
Tools.) Now that RedHat seems to have an "official" version of a more recent
compiler, I tend to agree that this is a problem that can be ignored. Of
course, if someone wants to tackle it, I have no objections.

....dac