[AMBER-Developers] file docs: was variable 1-4 scaling

From: B. Lachele Foley <lfoley.uga.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 17:43:46 +0000

"In most cases I believe this will be the first entry of a set
of multipl dihedrals. (Either the first or the last, not sure which) But all
multiple dihedrals should have the same entry for SCEE and SCNB anyway in
the original frcmod/parmXX.dat file in the first place."

Speaking of... When I first started putting the info into our parm file, I tried adding it just to the first comment in a multi-term dihedral. But, that didn't work. So, I added it to them all, and it worked. It hadn't occurred to me to use just the last entry. This needs to be documented... Is it the last entry?

Also, it has come to our attention that there are occasional, subtle discrepancies between file specs and actual implementation. We've been haphazardly compiling a list. At some point in the future, I intend to offer to make the docs and the files match each other.

:-) Lachele

Dr. B. Lachele Foley
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center
The University of Georgia