Re: [AMBER-Developers] new thermostat

From: <dcerutti.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 15:37:54 -0400 (EDT)

I've had to put aside the Monte-Carlo barostat implementation in mdgx for
the moment, but I think the Langevin superposition barostat is ready for
some test runs on simple cases. It works with any of the thermostats,
fortunately, so we can do rigid waters with the barostat.

More recently, I've been able to exploit repeating pseudo-random number
sequences in the barostat, allowing me to get phase transition properties
of (TIP3P) water to remarkable precision with only a few tens of
nanoseconds of MD. Boiling and freezing TIP3P water of course doesn't
produce a very accurate phase diagram, but if I properly calibrate the
random sequence length to match the pressure coupling time constant, I'm
able to converge multiple trajectories starting from independent starting
configurations. So the technique definitely "works," it's merely a matter
of feeding it a water model that can realistically venture as far as the
sampling model will take it.

Dave