Re: [AMBER-Developers] Third release candidate for AmberTools 1.5

From: <yildirim.pas.rochester.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:49:46 -0500 (CDT)

I've published a paper regarding revision of chi torsion for RNA last
year, which I think most of you are aware of. We tested it on the smallest
structures; mononucleosides of A,G,C,U. It was even tested on hairpin
structures in Banas et al. 2010 paper. I have spent almost my whole phd
year to figure out why RNA single strands were not behaving right. At the
end I revised the chi torsions, and tested on (both computationally and
experimentally) on mononucleosides. We did a similar analysis on single
strand GACC tetramer RNA and submitted to JPC B to show that chi revision
is important. There is another paper in line to be submitted that shows
its importance on free energy predictions.

I would like to know if my work has been ignored and chi1.OL3 (which I am
not sure if it is even published or published before my work) is included
in ff10.

Sincerely,

   Ilyas Yildirim, Ph.D.
   = Department of Chemistry - 2145 Sheridan Road =
   = Northwestern University - Evanston, IL 60208 =
   = Ryan Hall #4035 (Nano Building) - Ph.: (847)467-4986 =
   = http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~yildirim/ =

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011, Jason Swails wrote:

> According to the manual, ff10 has the chi1.OL3 modifications. It should be
> part of parm10.dat.
>
> I'm in the process of checking this out now ;).
>
> All the best,
> Jason
>
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 11:23 AM, <yildirim.pas.rochester.edu> wrote:
>
>> I have a question regarding the amber ff10 force field. Is there any
>> revision for chi torsions? If yes, which parameter set is used?
>>
>> Ilyas Yildirim, Ph.D.
>> = Department of Chemistry - 2145 Sheridan Road =
>> = Northwestern University - Evanston, IL 60208 =
>> = Ryan Hall #4035 (Nano Building) - Ph.: (847)467-4986 =
>> = http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~yildirim/ =

>>> How would we check that the RNA/DNA force fields act as advertised? Are
>> the
>>> chi.OL3 parameters found in a separate frcmod file somewhere that we
>> could
>>> add onto ff99bsc0?
>>>
>>> 3. Minor tweaks to the tests, esp. MMPBSA.py
>>>>

>>> What tweaks are needed here?

>> for

>>> --
>>> Jason M. Swails