Re: [AMBER-Developers] Second release candidate for AmberTools 1.5

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:00:22 -0700

It should make no difference. The python interpreter can be compiled with
GCC, and it can run any python script. MMPBSA.py calls sander via a system
call, so as long as it's *installed*, it'll work.

Also keep in mind that MMPBSA.py is not compiled, since python is an
interpreted language. We can get away with this because Python doesn't
actually *link* to anything, it's just used to interpret python
programs/scripts.

--Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida