Re: [AMBER-Developers] std=c++0x

From: Mengjuei Hsieh <mengjueh.uci.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 14:05:49 -0800

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 04:03:49PM -0500, Jason Swails wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Ben Roberts <ben.roberts.geek.nz> wrote:
> > AmberTools seems to work ok with Intel 11 and std=c++0x - if the GCC
> > selected is the version of gcc-4.2 shipped with the Apple development tools.
> > This can be selected using "sudo gcc_select".
> > When the next version of AmberTools is released, I'll put a note up on
> > Amber On Mac to that effect. Is it also worth a note in the manual?
> My initial opinion on this is no. I think you are one of (if not the ??)
> only person using the intel compilers on a Mac. Not only that, but this is
> almost certainly bound to change. I think it's well-placed on a blog or
> instruction site (such as one of the multitude we have on ambermd.org), but
> is probably not well-placed in the manual.
> Just my 2c
> All the best,
> Jason

Ah-ha.. Am I the other person that uses intel compilers on a Mac?

I agree that we probably don't need to worry about this for the AT
release, but I think we might need to consider putting it into the A12
manual if the situation persists. (I imagine that there are larger
poportion of Mac users who use intel compilers for Amber.)

Anyway, I probably will write some notes about intel compilers on
the AoM blog, too. :-)

Best,
--
Mengjuei Hsieh, Molecular Bio & Biochem, University of California Irvine