[AMBER-Developers] Amber test concerns

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 18:12:27 -0500

Hello,

I've tested both Amber and AmberTools from a recent git checkout and I've
summarized what I think the major issues are below:

Linux x86_64:

AmberTools (serial):

sleap/glycam && ./Run.test1 -- n.pdb is completely different now, and
there's another proton attached somewhere as well. Is this an intentional
change?

Amber (serial):

sander_pbsa_ipb2 && ./Run.110D.min -- some numbers are significantly
different, but it may be benign
rism3d/ala && ./Run.ala.hnc && ./Run.ala.pse1 -- exits in error with sander
printing the message [ ERROR> solvcut must > 0. ]

Amber (parallel, 2 threads):

All sander.RISM.MPI tests failed with the message [ Fatal error in
MPI_Comm_rank: Invalid communicator, error stack: ]
All EVB tests failed with the error messages:
rank 1 in job 616 Batman_45773 caused collective abort of all ranks
  exit status of rank 1: killed by signal 11
rank 0 in job 616 Batman_45773 caused collective abort of all ranks
  exit status of rank 0: killed by signal 9

(This has been happening for a long time with the EVB tests -- even with the
Amber 11 release)

I'll follow up with relevant (different) Mac OS X failures later.

All the best,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Graduate Student