Re: [AMBER-Developers] sqm success/failure on ANP

From: Eric Pettersen <pett.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 13:08:18 -0800

Indeed it is an SCF convergence problem. I guess my point is that
this file fails to converge while the other file doesn't, despite the
fact that the only difference between them is the proton added to O3G
(in the file that converges). The coordinates are otherwise identical
(and the charge naturally differs by 1). The starting heavy atom
geometry comes directly from the 2.05A 2ews crystal structure.

Actually I believe that Note 6 on p. 84 is out of date in that all the
current default settings for sqm are now the same or even more lax
than the values given on p. 84. Perhaps someone should revise that
note?

--Eric