Re: [AMBER-Developers] qmmm_struct_module.f is f2003

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:12:20 -0500

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010, Andreas Goetz wrote:

> Should we avoid all F2003 language extensions (but use F2003 intrinsic
> functions/subroutines as suggested in the coding guidelines)? This
> would be easy by letting the compiler check if the code adheres to the
> standard.

I guess is all depends: how useful the addition is, and what compilers choke
on it. For the pointer/intent problem, the addition didn't help much, and
pretty recent versions of gfortran (4.2.1?) failed. So that was pretty clear.

In other cases, the weight might be on the other side. But generally
speaking, we should avoid F2003, since gfortran is not an F2003-compatible
compiler, and we need to work with that compiler.

...dac