Re: [AMBER-Developers] qmmm_struct_module.f is f2003

From: Andreas Goetz <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 00:13:11 -0800

On Nov 27, 2010, at 5:14 AM, case wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010, Scott Brozell wrote:
>>
>> The newly created file qmmm_struct_module.f uses F2003 syntax:
>> gfortran -c -O3 -ffree-form -o qmmm_struct_module.o _qmmm_struct_module.f
>> _qmmm_struct_module.f:337.20:
>> integer, pointer, intent(inout) :: iarr(:)
>> 1
>> Error: POINTER attribute conflicts with INTENT attribute at (1)
>
> Plus, an explicit "intent" attribute here doesn't really add anything. I'd
> like to keep the list of compilers that are OK for Amber as large as we can.
>
> ....dac

I changed this to valid F95 by removing the INTENT attribute.

Should we avoid all F2003 language extensions (but use F2003 intrinsic functions/subroutines as suggested in the coding guidelines)? This would be easy by letting the compiler check if the code adheres to the standard.

All the best,
Andy

--
Dr. Andreas W. Goetz