Re: [AMBER-Developers] Python request

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 10:42:41 -0400

Jason:

What was the final result of thinking about not requiring python 2.6 going
forward? My group is reporting lots of trouble installing that version, and
my vague recollection was that there might be a way to avoid it(?). Can you
summarize the current requirements for the master branch in git?

Sorry for the vague problem report; I'm just trying to get my head around
where things stand with this. Do we need an option, like the -noX11 option to
configure, that will allow users to build Amber without mmpbsa_py? This might
be useful on supercomputers or test machines, where we aren't going to use
mmpbsa_py anyway, but can't easily build the rest of the codes unless the
correct python is available.

...thanks...dac