Re: [AMBER-Developers] Python request

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:52:03 -0400

Hello,

This is something I wanted to bring up as well. I am all for bundling the necessary python in with AmberTools, and we can even create wrappers for the python programs to force it to invoke the bundled Python. I'm pretty sure that Python will allow that, since pymol does just that. I've started with it kind of, by adding a configure_python script, but I don't know how people feel about adding Python to the git repo, since it's 12MB zipped.

That being said, though, we could automate the building of package dependencies like mpi4py, numpy, etc. At the latest, we can address this during the developers meeting.

Thoughts are welcome.

Jason