Re: [AMBER-Developers] beta of pmemd.cuda.MPI available in git tree

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:29:57 -0400

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010, Ross Walker wrote:

> Thanks largely to Scott Le Grand's tireless work we now have a MPI version
> of the CUDA code available in the AMBER Git tree. You can build this as
> follows - note you MUST USE an MPI installation that supports MPI v2.0 - an
> example would be mpich2.

I'm still getting the following error on my S1070 system:

cudaGetDeviceCount failed unspecified driver error

I get the same error running either the serial or the parallel cuda tests.

I have installed the 256.44 drivers from NVIDIA, and "nvcc --version" reports:

nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver
Copyright (c) 2005-2010 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Mon_Jun__7_18:56:31_PDT_2010
Cuda compilation tools, release 3.1, V0.2.1221

I don't understand how to run or test cudaGetDeviceCount manually. I used
the default locations for the driver installation, but I can't figure out
from the installation script where the default actually is. So, I'm kind of
stuck in knowing how to begin to debug this. Any suggestions are welcome.

....dac