Re: [AMBER-Developers] [AMBER] AmberTools citation

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:04:25 -0300

Hi,

On Monday, July 19, 2010, case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010, Jason Swails wrote:
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone could tell me the proper way to cite AmberTools
>> (1.4).  There's citation information for Amber 11 on ambermd.org, but
>> nothing for AmberTools.  Hopefully they can be cited together, rather than
>> citing each program separately?
>
> We don't have such a beast now; I'm not really sure how to put one together,
> since the "tools" are a fairly loose collection of items.  My preference is
> still to cite individual programs, but I'm open to suggestions here.

I believe it would be nice being able to cite the programs in a more
precise way, like also indicating which version was used. I do have a
couple of suggestions:

1. How about a standard citation to the manual, the same way we have
in Amber? I mean, a list of authors, than "AmberTools N.N(YYYY)"?
Every program could print this standard citation at the beginning of a
log file.

Or,

2. Each program authors could craft their own standard citation in
pretty much the same way, and have it in the first session of their
part of AT manual, and printed in the log file.

Gustavo

--
Gustavo Seabra
Professor Adjunto