[AMBER-Developers] Website patches

From: Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:09:00 -0400

Hi all,

I think some of the paths given in patch files for Amber 11 (bugfixes 1 through 5) may need to be tweaked.

I don't know about bugfix.all; I patched things individually, so that I can keep track of what patches I have and haven't applied more easily. But if bugfix.all is just a concatenation of the individual patches, I suppose the same remarks apply to that file also.

First, the files expect to find the path starting with amber11/. This means all patches will prompt for the "correct" file when run from $AMBERHOME, since they then expect to find $AMBERHOME/amber11/src/... I suppose that could be fixed by running the patches from $AMBERHOME/.., but that may not be an ideal solution for users.

Second, the files to be patched by bugfixes 3 to 5 have wrong paths.

bugfix.3 tries to patch amber11/src/pmemd/mdin_ctrl_dat.fpp; the path should, I think, be src/pmemd/src/mdin_ctrl_dat.fpp.

bugfixes 4 and 5 try to patch amber11/src/pmemd/src/gpu.cpp; should the path be src/pmemd/src/cuda/gpu.cpp?

Thanks,
Ben