Re: [AMBER-Developers] release plans

From: Mark Williamson <mjw.sdsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:03:31 -0700

Mengjuei Hsieh wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 03:09:11PM -0500, Timothy J Giese wrote:
>>> holders on ark and then give them read access to it. This would form an
>>> initial short term solution; we need to then work out read/write access
>>> out access after that.
>> gitosis works reasonably well for assigning read/write access to git repos.
>> If you already have everyone's id_rsa.pub's then it should be relatively
>> painless to setup.
>
> I started to work on gitosis last week and found out it's indeed painless
> if you already have those SSH public keys.
>
> Best,

Dear All,

Thanks for all these suggestions. I'm currently running a few
experiments on a test machine here using gitosis and it seems to be
working well. I'm also looking at gitolite, (
http://github.com/sitaramc/gitolite ), which seems to be an evolution of
gitosis. However, this seems to require a version of git which is more
recent that the one that exists in RHEL's EPEL (
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL )repository, hence I'm currently
weighing up options.

--
Mark Williamson, Post Doc