Re: [AMBER-Developers] near-final testing

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:25:30 -0400

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 2:18 PM, case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010, Jason Swails wrote:
>

>> I put this here mainly for two reasons -- 1st. i think the error is
>> humorous, 2nd. the clean rules clearly don't clean out well enough to
>> do something like switch MPIs.
>
> This is intentional, but undocumented, I guess.  It takes so long to recompile
> openmpi that the "uninstall" taget does not remove it.  However, it should
> be overwritten by a new run of "configure_openmpi".

That's understandable, but not what I was referring to. This error
cropped up after I built openmpi in the amber11 directory, changed my
paths to call openmpi's libraries/binaries (i even uninstalled mpich2
from the global path), and then just typed ./configure -mpi gnu and
make parallel. That's when the pnetcdf issue cropped up (something
about not finding mpio.h, which is in mpich2 but not openmpi), and
it's the binaries created from this process that gave rise to the
ridiculous error I posted earlier. I have every confidence that
unpacking a clean amber11/ambertools would eliminate this error, so
I'm chalking it up to a poor clean target. I'll check back if that's
not the case.

All the best,
Jason