Re: [AMBER-Developers] near-final testing

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:57:46 -0400

Sorry it took awhile to get back, I've been busy the past few days.

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 9:04 AM, case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who has been involved in testing the 08apr10 RC.  I'd
> like to follow up on a few points that come up on the Amber11 Testing wiki
> page:
>
> 1. Scott: can you try to track down the mtmdtest failure with PGI compilers?
> Also, see my questions about bug 130.
>
> 2. Jason: For Mac OSX10.6, gnu 4.43:  what is the nature of the failure
> in parallel sander.RISM.MPI?  What is your stack size (that causes the
> parallel pmemd.MPI jobs to fail)?  What do you mean by "memory overlap"?

The errors I was getting are the same as the ones I reported for the
Ubuntu build on the wiki (I posted sample error messages there for
both the RISM and pmemd errors). I'm beginning to think it may be a
gnu 4.4-related problem (since that is the only commonality that my
systems share, even though they are different 4.4's).

> 3. Jason: if you have a chance, I'd love to see the parallel Amber results
> for Ubuntu 9.10, GNU compilers.  Once I saw that you were doing this, I
> put off my own efforts to test Ubuntu.

Posted. Same errors I was seeing with Mac OS X. I have all of the gnu
compilers from 4.1 up through 4.4 installed, so I will roll back to
4.3 and see if some of the errors go away and report back.