[AMBER-Developers] Minor parallel NAB issue

From: Lachele Foley <lfoley.ccrc.uga.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:19:55 -0400

I don't see this as critical, but thought you might like to know.

The cluster management software we used to install our older clusters didn't include compilers in the set of software placed on the compute nodes. Of course, this affects the parallel NAB tests if they are sent to the cluster, which, of course, they would be.

I'm not sure if such a minimalist philosophy is still popular with respect to compute node installations. I think the notion was to save as much space for scratch files and such.

If you think it critical, I can try to make a patch and will gladly accept suggestions regarding method (at configure? at test?) or will dream it up on my own. If not, no worries on my part.

:-) Lachele
--
B. Lachele Foley, PhD '92,'02
Assistant Research Scientist