Re: [AMBER-Developers] 31 March release candidates for Amber

From: Volodymyr Babin <vbabin.ncsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 10:52:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, April 3, 2010 10:27, case wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 03, 2010, Volodymyr Babin wrote:
>> >
>> > I.e. what goes wrong if you set MAKE=gmake in config.h?
>
> But have you tried this on BSD?

After you mentioned that it is in config.h, I tried to set it
there to gmake (and obviously everything worked except of the
gleap GNUmakefile:

gmake[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/home/vb/31mar10/amber11/AmberTools/src/gleap'
cd freelib && make
make: don't know how to make w. Stop
gmake[1]: *** [sleap] Error 2)

It looked strange to me though (contrary to experience and intuition)
and I went to read docs, tried to comment explicit MAKE setting in
config.h and it worked well (as explained in the docs). Summarizing,
I believe the line MAKE=make should not be present in the config.h
(otherwise user has to "switch" make twice -- in config.h and command
line -- instead of just using desired make in the command line alone).

Best,

Volodymyr