Re: [AMBER-Developers] 28 Mar release candidates for Amber11/AmberTools-1.4

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:30:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

not sure if this warrants putting on bugzilla, but when I tried to
configure the release candidate for parallel, I visited the openmpi
homepage and downloaded their latest version from the website provided by
configure, which is called openmpi-1.4.1. The configure_openmpi script has
the name openmpi-1.4 hardcoded and fails.

Now I know that this is not serious and just reading the script (or
checking the website for exact version 1.4) would help, but other people
will make the same mistake.

Therefore I propose putting

if [ -d openmpi-1.4 ]; then
  MPIDIR=openmpi-1.4
elif [ -d openmpi-1.4.1 ]; then
  MPIDIR=openmpi-1.4.1
else
  echo "MPI FAIL"
fi

cd $MPIDIR

into the configure script instead of the check for openmpi-1.4/ and
hardcoded cd.

Otherwise, we expect people to actually read the openmpi website instead
of clicking the first link, which is asking too much these days ;-)

Kind Regards,

Thomas

On Sun, March 28, 2010 10:52 pm, case wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> I have placed the latest release candidates here:
>
> http://ambermd.org/downloads/AmberTools.28mar10.tar.bz2
> http://ambermd.org/downloads/Amber11.28mar10.tar.bz2
>
> Notes:
>
> 1. AmberTools can stand on its own, but Amber11 requires you to first
> download
> and untar AmberTools. Note: you don't need to *compile* AmberTools, but
> you
> do need to untar and configure it.
>
> If you don't want to read the instructions: go to amber11/AmberTools/src
> and run configure from there. This will create a config.h file that is
> used
> by both AmberTools and Amber11.
>
> 2. I left out the 2_million_atom and cuda test suites: these take up 200
> Mbytes, and won't be used by most people. I'm thinking of distributing
> these in a separate tar file. Many people have to download Amber over
> pretty
> slow internet connections.
>
> 3. The code in CVS no longer corresponds to the release candidates, but
> the
> differences are few. I still encourage people to update the
> documentation,
> and commits can still be made in the amber11/doc subdirectory.
>
> ...thx...dac

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
BioMaps Institute
Rutgers University