[AMBER-Developers] 28 Mar release candidates for Amber11/AmberTools-1.4

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:52:36 -0400

Hi everyone:

I have placed the latest release candidates here:

    http://ambermd.org/downloads/AmberTools.28mar10.tar.bz2
    http://ambermd.org/downloads/Amber11.28mar10.tar.bz2

Notes:

1. AmberTools can stand on its own, but Amber11 requires you to first download
and untar AmberTools. Note: you don't need to *compile* AmberTools, but you
do need to untar and configure it.

If you don't want to read the instructions: go to amber11/AmberTools/src
and run configure from there. This will create a config.h file that is used
by both AmberTools and Amber11.

2. I left out the 2_million_atom and cuda test suites: these take up 200
Mbytes, and won't be used by most people. I'm thinking of distributing
these in a separate tar file. Many people have to download Amber over pretty
slow internet connections.

3. The code in CVS no longer corresponds to the release candidates, but the
differences are few. I still encourage people to update the documentation,
and commits can still be made in the amber11/doc subdirectory.

...thx...dac