Re: [AMBER-Developers] AT compilation error

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:02:36 -0500

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 9:11 PM, InSuk Joung <i.joung.gmail.com> wrote:
> I had weird errors(?) when running configure.
> I guess they are probably related.
>
> Regarding 'm4', I found that netcdf uses it.
>
> Setting AMBERHOME to /home/isjoung/AMBER/amber11
>
> ./configure: 363: [[: not found
> ./configure: 363: no: not found
> ./configure: 363: no: not found
>
> Obtaining the gnu suite version:
>      gcc -v
> The version is 4.4.1
> ./configure: 697: [[: not found
> ./configure: 697: no: not found
> ./configure: 697: no: not found
> [: 697: no: unexpected operator
> [: 697: no: unexpected operator
>
> Testing the gcc compiler:
>     gcc  -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -o testp testp.c
> OK
>
> Validating the C++ compiler version:
>     g++ -v
> The version is 4.4.1
> OK
>
> Testing the gfortran compiler:
>     gfortran -O0 -o testp testp.f
> OK
>
> Testing mixed C/Fortran compilation:
>     gcc  -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -c -o testp.c.o testp.c
>     gfortran -O0 -c -o testp.f.o testp.f
>     gcc -o testp testp.c.o testp.f.o -lgfortran
> OK
>
> Testing flex:
> OK
>
> Configuring NetCDF; (may be time-consuming)
>
>    NetCDF configure succeeded.
>
> Configuring fftw-2.1.5; (may be time-consuming)
>
>    fftw-2.1.5 configure succeeded.
>
> The configuration file, config.h, was successfully created.
>
> ./configure: 1311: [[: not found
> ./configure: 1311: no: not found
> ./configure: 1311: no: not found
> The next step is to type 'make -f Makefile_at'

These errors are a result of non-sh-compliance of the configure
script. configure invokes /bin/sh as the interpreter shell which is
almost always bash for most systems. Ubuntu, however, uses dash as
its default sh, a topic that has been discussed here a bit. These
errors were brought up in a fairly recent post
http://dev-archive.ambermd.org/201003/0166.html . What's surprising
to me is that "testing flex" returned OK when your system didn't have
it...