Re: [AMBER-Developers] PMEMD missing type?

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 23:47:09 -0500

Hi,

Intel's C++ compilers also have poor (nonexistent?) quality assurance.
I'm not sure how much Intel's poor engineering (interface changes,
goofy directory structure etc) affects the C++ crowd, but
Ive figured since around version 6 that their poor practices would
catch up with them; they dont seem to have; and intel doesnt seem to
be improving their practices:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=62095

I'll plan to submit a bug report to them with as little effort on
my part as possible.

As far as other compilers, we've had good luck with PGI at OSC
although there have been several amber bug reports related to pgi
compilers and at least one of them (117) is a compiler preprocessor bug.
In addition we recommend ACML.
The OSC system admins are very conservative on installing Intel
products; here's what we have:
intel-compilers-9.1-20070320
intel-compilers-10.0.023
intel-compilers-11.1.056