Re: [AMBER-Developers] PMEMD missing type?

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 16:40:48 -0500

I agree with you in principle; the problem here is that about every third
release of the intel compiler is broken or the interfaces are changed, or
mkl is screwed up, etc. etc. I see no hope of staying ahead of them with
workarounds, so as long as we are using that compiler, I think we are going
to be stuck recommending versions that work. We went through this bigtime
with them on itanium; they apparently now have hit a point in their own
complexity or have lost a vision of a solid product, or something. What I
would recommend against is funky workarounds, just to get some bloody
version to work; formally more correct f90-f95, well I can see that, as long
as you don't then break other compilers.
Regards - Bob