Re: [AMBER-Developers] PMEMD missing type?

From: Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:19:49 -0500

On 9/3/2010, at 1:47 p.m., Ross Walker wrote:

> 10.1.018 also works.

Sorry for the delay. I tried a fresh tree, and ran into problems connected with the gcc-4.5 compilers. It seems that every so often the version coming down from MacPorts gets borked.

However, it seems that others have beaten me to it. Is the general feeling that the Intel compilers are just stricter than they were (and the code is doing something non-standard), or rather that the compilers are themselves broken?

For the time being, I've commented pmemd out in the Makefile. As an aside, pmemd compiled OK under Intel Mac 11.1.076 when it was configured separately. I'm not sure what difference, if any, that makes. Is it possible now to test pmemd using the old build style?

Ben