Re: [AMBER-Developers] Current build fail with amber11CVS

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:39:15 -0500

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010, Daniel Roe wrote:

> Yes, I'm seeing this problem on one of carlos's machines (I'm helping get
> the NEB code debugged and committed). I had to add the -L flag to the FLIBS
> variable to get compilation to work.

OK, that's great because now you can help. See if you can figure out
how icc is resolving its "-lifcore" argument (the intel docs? google?)
Is there a way that a script could figure out what "-L" flag to add?

You should probably start a bugzilla entry on this; Scott--it would be good
to get you involved here.

Also, either Scott or Dan can try to figure out why things *work* on
casegroup. You can look at /home/case/.zshenv to see how I set up the version
10 intel compilers. Is this different from what you are doing? For me,
everything just "works" , e.g.

icc -static -o ptraj main.o rdparm.o dispatch.o help.o utility.o second.o
io.o trajectory.o netcdf_ptraj.o parallel_ptraj.o evec.o torsion.o mask.o
rms.o display.o interface.o energy.o experimental.o ptraj.o actions.o
analyze.o thermo.o pubfft.o cluster.o clusterLib.o
/home/case/amber11/lib/libpdb.a /home/case/amber11/lib/arpack.a
/home/case/amber11/lib/lapack.a /home/case/amber11/lib/blas.a -static
-lifport -lifcore -lsvml ../netcdf/lib/libnetcdf.a -lm

reports no errors or missing entry points. This is icc 10.1.025, but I've
checked 10.1.018 as well earlier (no time for that right now).

We ought to be able to finally grok what is different between casegroup and
your machine (or Mark's).

...thx...dac