[AMBER-Developers] CVS versioning question

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:52:20 -0300

Hi all,

I was just wondering... Is there a way to fully specify the version of
amber we are talking about when we report an error? I mean, is there a
(CVS?) command that uniquely identify the state of the distribution we
are working on? I know, for example, that whenever there's a change,
svn changes the tag for every file in the distribution to a new
number, so it's always possible to uniquely identify the version we
are referring to. Is there a similar thing in CVS?

Thanks,
Gustavo Seabra
Professor Adjunto
Departamento de Química Fundamental