[AMBER-Developers] The Boost headers

From: Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 08:41:40 -0500

Hi all,

Those of you who were at the Amber meeting will recall that I spoke about including MTK++ in AmberTools, and was encouraged to drop it in, deferring the decision about whether it will form part of releases.

Work to get MTK++ ready to go into AT is advancing at this end. MTK++ is dependent on, among other things, Boost. I note that the Boost headers are released with AT already (specifically, Boost is under gleap/freelib). From an organisational perspective and to reduce bloat, it would make sense to link MTK++ to this Boost, but to have it moved (say, to the top level of the src directory) so that it's not seen as "only for gleap". I would also need to add in the Boost numeric bindings, if they aren't already present. What do people think about these two ideas?

Cheers,
Ben