Re: [AMBER-Developers] low priority newbie CVS question

From: Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:10:11 -0500

Hi Lachele,

If it's conflicting, that means that CVS does recognise the file as belonging to the repository, but that somehow it's gotten confused about when, and how, it was last changed on your machine vs the repo.

A page here (http://osdir.com/ml/version-control.cvs.tortoisecvs.user/2004-04/msg00070.html) suggests that the problem could stem from the files in each directory's "CVS" subdirectory - especially the Entries file. I'm not sure what could have happened to cause that. Are you using a CVS client other than command-line cvs?

Ben

--
Dr. Benjamin P. Roberts
Postdoctoral Research Associate