[AMBER-Developers] writers of parallel tests

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 02:57:48 -0500

Hi,

Now is a good time to reiterate that features requiring x parallel
processors should have tests for 1 through x numbers of processors.
These tests serve several purposes, notably:
validating that the feature fails gracefully,
and documenting the parallel requirements of the feature.

Writers going the extra mile could have these test cases emit terse
messages reminding users of the feature to run tests with at least x
parallel processors.

thanks to everyone that contributed to the thread:
Subject: RE: [AMBER-Developers] incompatible processor requirements in
        parallel tests

Scott

ps's

1980's
 "I believe that the final bug in TeX was discovered and removed on
November 27, 1985. But if, somehow, an error still lurks in the code,
I shall gladly pay a finder's fee of $20.48 to the first person who
discovers it. (This is twice the previous amount, and I plan to double
it again in a year; you see, I really am confident!) "
Don Knuth

2010
http://www-cs-staff.stanford.edu/~uno/abcde.html#texbk
If you do succeed in finding a previously undiscovered bug in the
programs for either TeX or METAFONT, I shall gladly reward you with
0x$80.00 ($327.68) at the Bank of San Serriffe. Corrections to errors
in The TeXbook or The METAFONTbook are worth 0x$1.00 ($2.56),
as in all my other books.

The Bank of San Serriffe
http://www-cs-staff.stanford.edu/~uno/news08.html