Re: [AMBER-Developers] incompatible processor requirements in parallel tests

From: Volodymyr Babin <vbabin.ncsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:07:33 -0500 (EST)

> I checked in the new rules to Makefile. People can feel free to
> remove it if they think it's pointless. But I agree with Lachele that
> there should probably be some documentation about it (at least some
> blurb in the README).

The rules are very convenient indeed. Another option (less flexible,
but potentially more automatic) would be to set -np inside the Makefile

sh$ export DO_PARALLEL='command -np AMBER_NTHREADS'

in the Makefile:

user_DO_PARALLEL="$DO_PARALLEL"

for n in 2 4 8 16;
do
  export DO_PARALLEL=`echo $user_DO_PARALLEL | sed -e "s/AMBER_NTHREADS/$n/"`
  echo "Using DO_PARALLEL=$DO_PARALLEL"
  <run tests>
done

Best,