Re: [AMBER-Developers] Adding fortran module into nab with some catches.

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:06:23 -0500

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010, MengJuei Hsieh wrote:

> Currently I am trying to provide a Fortran library for nab to call, and so
> far I got some issue that may be interesting.
>
> For nab, I have to use something like this:
> $AMBERHOME/bin/nab -o exe -L$AMBERHOME/lib -lmylib -lgfortran test.nab
>
> This is due to the fact the linker doesn't know it's linking some Fortran
> subroutines. I can imagine that it's going be a different library if I am
> using Intel compiler. (like, -L/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/056/lib/intel64
> -lifcore -lifport)
>
> Any idea that could generalize this kind of thing in configure script or
> just hack nab?

The extra libraries that are needed should get put into the FLIBS variable
in config.h; that way they will be automatically searched for. I think this
is a better solution than trying to change nab itself.

I've been travelling, and have not had a chance to look in any detail at what
you have done with the sff interface. I'll try to get to that sometime this
week. Thanks for your work on this.

...dac